By now you’ve probably all bought your gym memberships and thrown the cigarettes away…but you need to have some fun too to get through cold cold January.
1. Eat the best Galette des Rois in Paris at Dominique Saibron. For those not in the know, it is a delicious almond frangipan cake covered in flaky puff pastry.
2. If you haven’t yet, go ice skating outside while you still can! There’s rinks are set all around the town, including Grand Palais, at the Christmas Market of Champs-Elysées and the most popular one at Hôtel de Ville.
3. Run around the empty museums in Paris while the tourists are still away.
4. Check out some fascinating yet anonymous photographs at the Maison Européene de la Photographie, open until the 25th and free on Wednesdays!
5. Watch seven beautiful Italian sisters on stage armed only with swords, shields and bikinis in La Sorelle Macaluso (Les Sœurs Macaluso) running at Theatre du Dond Point (salle Renaud-Barrault) from the 14th to the 25th. Looks like fun, doesn’t it?
6. Dance to New York indie rockers Interpol playing old classics and tunes from their new album ‚El Pintor‘. 27th and 28th at Olympia concert hall.
7. Sign-up for unlimited DVD rentals for a year at the Bibliothèque du cinéma François Truffaut for only 61 euro! If you watch a film every day that averages at 17 centimes a day. Bon plan, non?
8. Survive the cold.
9. Watch amazing films for FREE on ÉCU’s film channel – The European Independent Film Channel .