Hi, I’m Ed Millar and I’m the intern buzz for November! I started here at ÉCU as an intern in August involved in the creative content side of the festival, and have recently been promoted to Communications Officer, which I’m obviously very happy about, and I love being part of the ÉCU team.
Since I’ve arrived, I’ve been working on writing articles, getting them translated, putting up our social media updates and putting together our beautiful newsletter.
This has included using twitter, where you can only use 140 characters, so in the spirit of this I’m going to do my intern buzz “twitter-style”.
Here is what I’ve learnt so far at ÉCU, in 140 characters or less…
Social media websites are not just for stalking people you only vaguely know. It can also be used for work purposes (apparently)
- Never underestimate the power of caffeine. One of the life-skills I’ve learnt here is how to make a good coffee!
- Georgian writing looks like drunken squiggly worms. For ÉCU in Georgia, the writing on the flyers looked crazy to me!
- Don’t go in an elevator before checking you can get out. Luckily, I was only trapped for 5 minutes, but that was enough.
- 4pm is officially biscuit time. The afternoon tiredness is taking hold and you need a sugar rush
- Sadly I’m leaving Paris in December to jet off to Peru, but in the meantime check out all my hard work on our website and social media channels!
- 140 characters is never quite enough to say everything you want to. Even when you’ve been as concise as you can, you always run out of charac…