ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival is pleased to announce the 2017 finalists of the Much More Than a Script Competition for it’s 12th edition. This year we received 51 original scripts from 13 different countries. The innovation, creativity and competition this year was absolutely wonderful and has reassured us that our mission to promote independent writers and their projects is essential to our overall mantra of bringing worldwide attention to independent filmmakers. We pride ourselves on supporting independent script writers and assisting them in their ventures.
We have selected the following three feature length scripts and three short scripts as 2017 finalists. We are excited to announce the winners of each category at the festival’s award ceremony on Sunday, April 23rd.
- Going Home by Nir Shelter (Australia)
- Edna’s Dearest Possessions by Ozge Gozturk (United Kingdom)
- Popular Fiction and The New Weird: One Writer’s Perspective by John Burdeaux (USA)
Feature Length Scripts
- Hunters Pointe by Scott Liapis (USA)
- Tantalum Mass by David Garrett (USA)
- Stillstehen by Elisa Mishto (Germany)