Summer is almost over and coming back from holidays is hard for everyone, even if you’re coming back to Paris. Do not panic though, ÉCU is here to help you to overcome this challenge. To do that, here are some suggestions about cultural events and places to visit in September in Paris!
Festival Ile de France
From the 7th September to the 13th of October, almost 30 concerts will take place all over Ile de France. You’ll be able to listen to all kind of music, from classical to pop and jazz, and in the meanwhile you’ll discover some wonderful places that are part of the cultural patrimony of this French region; castles, theaters, churches and many other attractions will be the settings of the concerts, so that music and location can match to create a magic atmosphere.
- When: from the 7th September to the 13th October
- Where: Paris and local lle de France
- Price: 16€ – 22€
Fondation Claude Monet
Even if summer is almost over, you should enjoy the last few sunny days before fall comes. So let’s go to Giverny to visit Monet’s house where he lived from 1883 to 1926. And who knows, maybe wandering in the gardens that inspired the French painter and where he sketched some of his most famous paintings will inspire you as well!
- When: everyday from 9.30am to 6pm
- Where: Fondation Claude Monet – 84, Rue Claude Monet, Giverny
- How to get there: from Paris take the train from Gare Saint Lazare to Gare De Vernon and then take the bus from Gare De Vernon to Giverny.
- Price: free – 9,50€
Paris Design Week 2013
If your passion is art and design, then you shouldn’t miss the third edition of Paris Design Week 2013! From the 9th to the 15th September every day and every night in a different quartier of Paris you will be able to find and visit galeries, exhibitions of Art and Design, Architecture, Food and Design and other interesting events!
- When: from the 9th to the 15th of September
- Where: République, Rive Gauche, Bastille, Saint-Germain, Chatelet, Etoile, Champs Elysées, Concorde, Docks, Cité de la mode e du design, Puces de Saint Ouen.
- Price: free
Jazz à la Villette
Our suggestion for music lovers is Jazz à la Villette. During this festival, which is taking place from the 3rd to the 15th of September, jazz will be mixed up with hip hop, rock and funk to create a completely new captivating sound!
- When: from the 3rd to 15th September
- Where: Grande halle de la Villette, Cité de la musique, Cabaret Sauvage, Atelier du Plateau, Dynamo de Banlieues Bleues, Trabendo, Cinémas MK2 Quai de Seine/Quai de Loire. Métro: Porte de Pantin (line 5)
- Price: 8€ – 38€
Cold days will eventually arrive and when they come you should definitely taste some French food that will warm you up! We suggest Raclette or Fondue and one of the best places where you can taste them is La Taverne de Montmartre! After that you can always visit the magic quartier of Montmartre with its characteristic narrow streets or have a drink on the stairs in front of the church Sacre Coeur where you can see all Paris!
- Where: 25, Rue Gabrielle. Métro Anvers or Abbesses (Lines 2 and 12)
- Price: 12,90€ – 30€