ÉCU is going on the road again! We’re so happy to be heading back to Viseu, Portugal to screen some of our films July 13th and 14th. Viseu is located in the Centro Region and is known as the cultural center of Portugal, making it the perfect location to screen our films!
So why go on the road in the first place? Well, at ÉCU, we firmly believe that the films we screen deserve to be seen by as many people as possible, not just the ones that are fortunate enough to join us in Paris each Spring. That’s why ÉCU-On-The-Road is such an important part of our mission. Our films are submitted by filmmakers from all around the world and deserve to be seen by a global audience!
Here at ÉCU, we believe in the transformative power of a good film. Our goal with this initiative is to take our films on the road so that audiences do not need to move in order for their imaginations to.
This year, we’re so excited to be screening twelve of our favorite films from this years installment of The European Independent Film Festival. Four of these films are award winners from ÉCU 2018 and we also have the pleasure of screening The End Was Yesterday from Portuguese director Cristina Vieira; It’s always great to have a film return home!
ÉCU-in-Viseu will take place the 13th and 14th of July 2018 at Carmo’81 (Rua do Carmo 81, 3500-096 Viseu) beginning at 22:00 each night. Oh yeah, and admission is completely free! The program is listed below.
Friday, 13th July
- [O] by Mario Radev, Chiara Sgatti (UK)
- Downunder by Fernando González-Gómez (Spain)
- Plasma Vista by Harriet Fleuriot, Sara Faulkner, Sarah Cockings (UK) – WINNER Best European Experimental Film 2018
- Real Connection by Thierry Denis (USA)
- Planet Tobler by Aran Quinn (Ireland, USA) – WINNER Best European Independent Animated Film 2018
- Wave by Benjamin Cleary, TJ O’Grady Peyton (Ireland) – WINNER Best Actor 2018
Saturday, 14th July
- The Box by Dusan Kastelic (Slovenia) – WINNER Best European Independent Film 2018
- Guests Always Return by Diego Sabanés (Spain)
- The End Was Yesterday by Cristina Vieira (Portugal)
- Deux Dollars by Emmanuel Tenenbaum (France)
- Think of Something Blue by Jerry De Mars (Netherlands, Greece)
- Wren Boys by Harry Lighton (UK) – WINNER Best European Independent Short 2018
We’re so excited to share these films with the people of Viseu and with all of our other guests coming from around the world!