ÉCU’s tour around partner festivals never stops! From October 26th to November 3rd, we are going to Sofia, Bulgaria, which was named “Creative City of Film” by UNESCO in 2016, to attend the 9th edition of The So Independent Film Fest.
Sofia Independent Film Festival ( So Independent ) was created in 2009 and started as the first and most exciting independent film festival in South East Europe. Evolving with every edition, from 2016 on, it highlights World’s independent cinema production. The Festival’s goal is to present films that don’t usually reach the screens in Bulgaria and the surrounding regions, and to show a side of world’s cinema that the audience cannot find in mainstream production. In it’s 9th edition, the festival invites new works from international independent filmmakers.
We at ÉCU are excited not only to be a part of this year festival’s edition and but also to present four of our brilliant films:
- Rage , by Michał Węgrzyn, Best European Independent Dramatic Feature 2017
- Vanitas, by Oscar Spierenburg, Best European Independent Dramatic Feature 2016
- Kafou , by Bruno Mourral, Best Non-European Independent Dramatic Feature 2018
- Waiting room by Alexander Leontaritis, ÉCU’s Official Selection 2018
And more! At So Independent, ÉCU will present Much More than a Script Competition, a special competition for all the talented and creative scriptwriters who want their scripts to be read, opening new and exciting opportunities, and creating possibilities for both feature and short screenplays.
Here is the program of the festival. Don’t miss ÉCU’s presentations and screenings:
- Oct 27 @ 11:00 am ÉCU: More Than A Script Competition @ CULTURE CINEMA
- Oct 27 @ 2:00 pm ÉCU: RAGE @ CULTURE CINEMA
- Oct 27 @ 4:00 pm: ÉCU: KAFOU @ CULTURE CINEMA
- Oct 29 @ 2:00 pm ÉCU: Waiting Room @ CULTURE CINEMA
- Oct 29 @ 4:00 pm: ÉCU: Vanitas @ CULTURE CINEMA
Stay tuned and follow us in our trip!