Film submissions for the 16th edition of ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival, are now closed. However, the submissions for ÉCU’s Much More than a Script Competition are open until 7th March 2021.
The festival will take place on the 9th, 10th, and 11th April 2021. Every year we screen thought-provoking, unique, and exciting independent films, and this year your film could be part of our 2021 programme!
Submitting to ÉCU 2021 is easy!
Click here for a Price List of all our categories
Are you eligible to submit? Read our Rules and Regulations here.
Choose your way of submitting
OPTION #1: FilmFreeway
OPTION #2: PayPal
Submission Deadlines and Dates:
- Early Bird Deadline: 22nd November 2020
- Regular Deadline: 20th December 2020
- Late Deadline: 17th January 2021
- FilmFreeway Extended Deadline: 24th January 2021
- Script Competition Deadline: 7th March 2021
- Official Selection Announcement 17th February 2021
- Script Official Selection Announcement 17th March 2021
IMPORTANT: Before sending your film make sure you have:
1. Copy of your film – a Vimeo link OR link to a downloadable file (via WeTransfer/Dropbox). This is needed for ÉCU’s submission judges to watch the films
2. Non-English films need to be subtitled in English. If the film is in English, and it is selected to be screened at the festival, French subtitles are required.
3. Two digital stills of the film (High Resolution)
4. One digital photo of director
5. Short synopsis in English and in French (up to 50 words)
6. Official trailer available online/digitally transferrable to us
The 2021 Official Selection will be announced on 17th February 2021 and Script Competition scripts – on 17th March 2021 and will offer ÉCU festival attendees of all ages and tastes a chance to experience the unique offerings that can only be found at an indie film fest.